And 6GB RAM For Radeon RX 6700.
It’s quite unusual for a mainstream card (RX 6600 series) to feature more ram than a performance card (RX 6700 series) … but hey, I ain’t complaining 😛
Taken from Wccftech … More mainstream AMD Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards have been spotted which include the Radeon RX 6700 and the Radeon RX 6600 XT. The graphics cards are custom variants from ASRock that were listed over at EEC (Eurasian Economic Commission) and give us a hint at the VRAM config for both models.
The custom AMD Radeon RX 6700 and Radeon RX 6600 XT graphics cards were submitted to the EEC by ASRock. The Radeon RX 6700 XT custom models were also listed and in total, ASRock will offer at least 9 variants based on the Navi 22 GPU. There are four models each for the Radeon RX 6700 XT & Radeon RX 6600 XT while only a single model for the Radeon RX 6700 (Non-XT) is listed.
- ASRock RX 6700 XT Phantom Gaming D OC (RX6700XT PGD 12GO)
- ASRock RX 6700 XT Challenger Pro OC (RX6700XT CLP 12GO)
- ASRock RX 6700 XT Challenger D OC (RX6700XT CLD 12GO)
- ASRock RX 6700 XT Challenger D (RX6700XT CLD 12G)
- ASRock RX 6700 Challenger D OC (RX6700 CLD 6GO)
- ASRock RX 6600 XT Phantom Gaming D OC (RX6600XT PGD 12GO)
- ASRock RX 6600 XT Challenger Pro OC (RX6600XT CLP 12GO)
- ASRock RX 6600 XT Challenger D OC (RX6600XT CLD 12GO)
- ASRock RX 6600 XT Challenger D (RX6600XT CLD 12G)
As you can tell by the model names above, the Radeon RX 6700 XT and the Radeon RX 6600 XT are both going to feature a 12 GB GDDR6 memory capacity. This means that both models will feature a similar 192-bit bus interface. However, the cut-down Radeon RX 6700 (Non-XT) graphics card will be featuring just 6 GB GDDR6 VRAM capacity. This is half the memory capacity of the XT variant. It is the complete opposite of what NVIDIA is doing with its GeForce RTX 3060 series graphics card with the higher-end model shipping with 8 GB VRAM while the cut-down variant gets 12 GB VRAM. The VRAM difference is actually not big on NVIDIA’s side as it is on AMD’s.