Call of Duty Next event has been announced for September 15th. The event will presented by Infinity Ward where they’ll share details on the next Call of Duty: Warzone and more information on the mobile version of Warzone. There will also be a full Modern Warfare II multiplayer reveal. The beta will begin the day after the event providing you have pre-ordered the game and own a PS4 or PS5. You can see the full details of the beta dates below…
The announcement at Champs revealed the forthcoming Call of Duty: Next. What’s Next? This is an era-defining franchise event showcasing the immediate future of Call of Duty, broadcast on September 15, 2022. Presented by Infinity Ward, and featuring robust information drops detailing innovations, live gameplay, and a whole lot more, expect to learn the following:
- What the imminent future of Call of Duty will look like, including many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty®: Warzone™, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora).
- A full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal.
- A multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time.
- [[REDACTED]] information and surprises!
Note: If you missed the opportunity to obtain a code during Champs, make sure to keep an eye open for more opportunities to receive Early Access Beta Code drops!
Ready to experience the future of Call of Duty Multiplayer combat before the launch of Modern Warfare II on October 28? Then prepare yourself for the Open Beta. The Modern Warfare II Open Beta will be free across all platforms, with players who preordered digitally, at retail, or received Beta codes gaining early access.
Note that Beta codes are tied to your Activision account, and are platform agnostic, meaning you can access the Beta on your hardware of choice.
The Modern Warfare II Beta is split into two playable Weekends, and early access is available for those with either digital or retail pre-orders:
Time to Play: Weekend One: First on PlayStation®(1)
The first Beta weekend is available on PlayStation® 4 and PlayStation®5, and is scheduled to run from Friday, September 16 at 10 AM PT to Tuesday September 20. This weekend is for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players only. You are able to access the Beta without requiring the PlayStation Plus subscription service.(2,3)
PlayStation Early Access: Those who pre-ordered the game on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, or received a Beta code, can begin playing the Beta on Friday September 16 at 10AM PT.
PlayStation Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Sunday, September 18 at 10AM PT to Tuesday, September 20, is accessible to all PlayStation players regardless of pre-order status. PlayStation players can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II, and unlock rewards available in-game at launch.
Time to Play: Weekend Two: All Platforms (Crossplay)(1)
The second Beta weekend is available on all console platforms and PC, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, September 22 at 10AM PT to Monday, September 26. Crossplay will be active allowing you to party up with friends and the greater community, no matter what hardware they play on.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5: No matter whether you pre-ordered the game or not, Weekend 2 is a free Open Beta for all PlayStation 4 and 5 owners.
Xbox and PC Early Access: Those who pre-ordered the game for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, or pre-purchased for PC via Blizzard Battle.net or Steam, can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, September 22 at 10AM PT. Xbox Live Gold is required for Xbox players, and PC players are required to have a Battle.net or Steam account.
Xbox and PC Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Saturday, September 24 at 10AM PT to Monday, September 26, is accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of pre-order status. The entire community can now experience the impressive amount of Beta content available in Modern Warfare II, unlock rewards available in-game at launch, and play together.
Modern Warfare II Beta: What to Expect
The Modern Warfare II Beta is set to feature a robust multiplayer experience going beyond the Core 6v6 experience with a variety of meticulously designed maps of various sizes, and an equally impressive set of Modes, Progression experiences, and other aspects that will be more thoroughly revealed at Call of Duty: Next. In addition, at Champs we revealed a flythrough of Marina Bay Grand Prix, where combat occurs within the main infield of an urban race circuit, one of the 6v6 Multiplayer maps confirmed for the Beta. With a number of in-game rewards available for simply playing the Beta (that are available at the launch of MWII if you own the game), and a host of other innovations and surprises, expect an unparalleled intel drop at the Next event.
In addition to a variety of in-game rewards, players who pre-ordered the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare II will be able to utilize the following rewards during the Beta:
- All four of the Red Team 141 Operators – Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap – each wearing a special masked outfit.
- The FJX Cinder Weapon Vault.
Modern Warfare II Pre-order Incentives
As well as gaining early access to the Modern Warfare II Open Beta on your platform of choice, there’s free content you can use right now in Call of Duty®: Vanguard and Warzone™, as well as content available in Modern Warfare II at launch, just for pre-ordering the game.
For a full run-down, check out this blog. Here’s a quick list of what you can claim:
Pre-order Modern Warfare II to receive:
- Access to the full game and Open Beta Early Access.
- Final Judgement Bundle(4): Immediate access to the Legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the Legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint for use in Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone.
Pre-order the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare II to receive:
- All previously-listed rewards.
- Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators – Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap – each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault(5): We plan to share more details on this and the new Gunsmith at Call of Duty: Next, which will also be available during the Open Beta.
- Season One Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips(6): If you purchase the Vault Edition after Season One, the free Battle Pass and Tier Skips apply to the current season.
- Ghost Legacy Pack(7): 20+ free items celebrating the Task Force 141 icon, for Modern Warfare® (2019) and Warzone, unlocked upon pre-purchase.