Relic Entertainment has today announced the third instalment of the popular WWII strategy game has been delayed to 23rd February 2023. The studio has said the game isn’t up to their high standards with bugs, polishing and gameplay to adjust. The studio also revealed some improvements from user feedback…
Since we first revealed Company of Heroes 3 in July of 2021, your feedback across all areas of the game has been considered, processed, and in many cases, implemented. Some examples include:
- Improvements to the Dynamic Campaign Map, such as a new supply system, UI improvements, a more aggressive A.I., and faster travel across the map through seaport and airport improvements.
- Adding a stronger focus on visual grit and details during battles, by improving shader technology and FX. A great example of improved visual grit is the new vehicle weathering system that we’ve implemented, seeing vehicles now slowly accrue more dirt and mud based on the terrain they are navigating through. You will see more impact damage, scarring, burning and damage on their vehicles as you progress on the battlefield.
- Overhauling the lighting system to provide higher fidelity and to ensure clear unit readability
- Enhancing moment-to-moment gameplay by making changes to the camera positioning and providing clearer mini map information. Changes are still being made to the HUD layout and the UI.
- Seeing players experiment with the Multiplayer Pre-Alpha in November 2021 really helped the team make significant improvements to Battlegroups, their upgrade trees, units, and call-in abilities.
- Reviewing and improving parts of voice-over lines to ensure they are authentic to specific characters and their native accents featured in the game.
Our team will continue sharing news and details with you week-to-week in the lead up to launch to keep you updated on our progress. Over 5 years ago, we set out to deliver the best Company of Heroes game in the franchise’s history, and with your continued feedback, we intend to do just that.
You can pre-order Company of Heroes 3 from Steam.