If this ain’t an extreme motherboard … then I don’t know what is. Check out the INSANE specs on the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme Motherboard!
Taken from TPU … ASUS today launched the Republic of Gamers (ROG) Crosshair VIII Extreme motherboard. This would go down as the first “Extreme” tier ROG Crosshair motherboard ever, as the AMD platform was relegated to “Formula” or “Hero” tiers. Built in the E-ATX form-factor, the board is based on the AMD X570 chipset (with fanless chipset cooling), comes with out of the box support for Ryzen 5000 “Vermeer” and Ryzen 5000G “Cezanne” processors, besides all other processor generations supported by the X570. The board draws power from a combination of 24-pin ATX, and two 8-pin EPS; and uses an 18+2 phase CPU VRM that has 90 A power stages.
The ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme is loaded to the brim with connectivity. Storage options include three M.2 NVMe Gen 4 slots, and six SATA 6 Gbps ports. Networking connectivity includes Wi-Fi 6E powered by an Intel controller, a 10 GbE interface driven by a Marvell AQtion controller, and a 2.5 GbE interface, from an Intel i225-V controller. USB connectivity includes 20 Gbps USB 3.2×2 ports with 60 W power delivery. The onboard audio solution is top-of-the-line, featuring a Realtek ALC4082 CODEC running alongside an ESS Sabre ES9018Q2C, and ROG Clavis USB DAC. The board is brimming with features relevant to overclockers. The company didn’t reveal pricing.
For more informationm, please visit Asus’s website … here.
AMD X570 EATX gaming motherboard with 18+2 power stages, five M.2 slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector with PD 3.0 60 W support, USB 3.2 Gen 2 front-panel connector, dual Thunderbolt™ 4, Marvell® AQtion 10 Gb Ethernet, Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet, PCIe® 4.0, onboard WiFi 6E and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series, 5000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 3000 Series, 3000 G-Series, 2000 Series and 2000 G-Series desktop processors; also supports up to two M.2 drives and features USB 3.2 Gen 2 and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed
- Comprehensive thermal design: Enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, five M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: 18+2 power stages rated for 90 A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance connectivity: USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel with PD3.0 60W fast charging, onboard WiFi 6E, Marvell® AQtion 10 Gb Ethernet, Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet, and ASUS LANGuard.
- Industry-leading gaming audio: ROG SupremeFX ALC4082 with ESS® ES9018Q2C DAC and the bundled ROG Clavis USB digital-to-analog converter for high-fidelity sound.
- Unmatched personalization: 2ʺ LiveDash OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- DIY-friendly design: Bundled ROG Fan Controller, pre-mounted I/O shield, V_Latch switch, BIOS FlashBack™, M.2 Q-Latch, Q-Code, FlexKey, Q-Connector, SafeSlot and Graphics Card Holder